Africa will be home to a quarter of the world’s population by 2050 and needs an estimated 1.6TUSD to achieve its Sustainable Development Goals. The Continent also faces several Environmental and Social risks and is expected to participate in the carbon transition, while actively contributing to global targets for emissions reduction.
To achieve development goals, African leaders and organizations need to intelligently balance the Continent’s development priorities with global sustainability targets, while seeking the most efficient means of financing much-needed development for Africa.
This course is aimed at giving participants an understanding of global sustainability challenges, while driving them to contextualize these challenges to Africa, thereby developing the mindsets that will lead to the evolution of solutions to simultaneously address the Continent’s development and sustainability issues.
- • Understanding Global Environmental Challenges
• The Global Carbon Shift
• Africa’s Environmental and Social Vulnerabilities
• Balancing Africa’s Development Priorities
• Challenges to Africa’s Carbon Transition
• Strategies and Options for Financing Africa’s Carbon Transition
• What Should Your Organization Do? The Next Steps
• Successful Case Studies